Pages

Tuesday 19 May 2015

New Cardz 4 Guyz Challenge - World Wildlife


We've got a new challenge today on the Cardz 4 Guyz Challenge and this week our theme is 'world wildlife' - for all the details about the challenge, have a look here on the challenge blog.

My card was made for a demo I did yesterday at the stamping club I belong to.  I was asked to demonstrate masking and I decided to include reverse masking together with the more traditional type of masking.

I die cut an oval from a piece of card, placed this over a square and white card and then applied three shades of Distress Inks through the aperture.  I used a circle die cut from a post-it note for the sun.

Finally I stamped 'Silhouette Elephants' from Little Claire over the inked oval, keeping the mask in place.  The stamp can be found here on the Little Claire website.

I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges:

Love to Scrap Challenge Blog - 'anything goes'
Craft Your Passion Challenge - 'anything goes'
Incy Wincy Designs - 'exotic animals'
The Crafting Cafe - 'around the world'
Country View challenges - 'simply scenic'
Happy Little Stampers - 'CAS/die cut'

13 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card - the masking has made a perfect scene and that silhouette stamp is gorgeous
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, I do love those elephants

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've created a beautiful card with your masking and sponging. LOVE the silhouette stamp of the elephants. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great masking Helen to create this scene. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Helen, such a serene scene x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful serene card Helen. Love the colours. Thank you for playing along with Incy Wincy this week - good luck! Colette DT :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Helen! I love the image!
    So glad you could join us at The Crafting Cafe!
    Good Luck in the challenge!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Helen, fabulous masking techniques here. Thank you so much for joining in with our scenic challenge at Country View Crafts. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful serene card Helen.That silhouette stamp is gorgeous.
    Thank you for your lovely entry at Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again soon!! HUGS!
    Ann DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic card. Love it.

    Tammi
    Craft Your Passion Guest Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this one too for Manly Monday. Email me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. so pretty :) Thanks for joining in at Love to Scrap Challenge blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely design - thanks for joining us this month at Crafting Cafe! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment - I really do appreciate it.

Helen x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...