Pages

Monday 7 July 2014

Creative Blog Hop

Last week I was tagged in the Creative Blog Hop by Hazel - a big thank you for including me!

The questions that I was asked to answer are:

1. What am I working on?

I've just finished a big run of work for classes for Little Claire and am starting to think about the next one in September - I always promise myself I'll get ahead but it never seems to happen!  I'm also working on some sample cards and designs for the challenge blogs I belong to.

2. How does my work differ from others in my genre?

My style is fairly clean and simple although I do like layering papers.  I don't use a lot of embellishments and anyone who knows me will be know that I very rarely use ribbons because I'm hopeless with bows!

3. Why do I write/create what I do?

The simple answer is because I enjoy it!  Until a couple of years ago I had a very stressful job and found that card making helped me to de-stress.  Now I work in a residential home and can incorporate my card making into my job.  I also love teaching classes and getting feedback from the ladies who come along to my workshops.

4. How does your writing/creating process work?

I have to be fairly organised to get my stuff made for challenge and design team blogs and for classes but other than that, I tend to make stuff as I want to and when I see something that I like.

I'd like to tag the following ladies to take up the blog hop next:


I first got to know Caz from the various Yahoo card making groups we both belong to.  Now we are on Design Teams together and Caz owns and runs the Cardz 4 Guyz challenge blog which I recently joined as a design team member.  She does a wonderful job running and organising the challenge as well as making gorgeous cards.

Here's a few words from Caz:

"My story is fairly normal - married to my best friend for many years, two sons, six grandchildren, retired from a full and happy life in nursing and management.  I am a late developer in to the crafting world, due to my career and I didn't start until my thirties.  I've progressed through many crafts, my passion now being stamping and card making.  I teach a small weekly card class and am a challenge blog owners and thrilled to be on several Design Teams"

2. Debs from Debs' Crafty Time

I first met Debs when I joined the Nutcrafters design team a few years ago and we're now on a couple of design teams together.  Debs makes gorgeous cards and projects and always has something inspiring to share on her blog.

Here's a few words from Debs:

"I live in the East Riding of Yorkshire with my husband of 20 years and I have a 19 year old daughter.  I am unable to work but over the years I have volunteered and worked with adults with learning/physical disabilities which I really loved.  I started out as a CD crafter but there is nothing I like better than to get out my inks and stamps.  I don't have a particular style, I like to dabble".

3. Heidi from The Crafty Goat Girl

Heidi and I have been part of the Little Claire design team since it started and we both teach workshops for Little Claire as well as taking it in turns to make cards (and pack all the materials) for their monthly club.  Heidi makes wonderful cards and keeps us all in line organising the Little Claire blog.

Here's a few words from Heidi:

"I'm a mum to Amy, Jess and Georgia and have a houseful of pets.  I've been crafting all my life and cardmaking and scrapbooking for about six years.  I love stamping and getting messy with inks and Promarkers but my passion is papers which I love to stroke and sniff lol.  I teach classes and demo at craft shows and I love to meet like-minded crafters and share my passion for stamping"

I hope you'll take the time to visit all these ladies and also check back next week when they post for the blog hop too.

Helen x

2 comments:

  1. Awesome to get to know you a little bit better Helen. I just love your clean and simple style and one can see a Helen creation a mile away. Its awesome to have your own trademark style xxx
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely to have an insight into your busy life dearie and to get to know you a little more.Your cardmaking style is so special and a breath of fresh air.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment - I really do appreciate it.

Helen x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...