Pages

Sunday 4 March 2012

Less is More - Neutrals


It used to be a standing joke when I first started making cards that everything I made was brown!  That was in the days before Promarkers and I could never use watercolour pencils or any of the markers that were on sale properly so I played it safe and used brown!

This week's challenge over at Less is More is to use neutral colours so I opted for browns.  I used the 'Silhouette Cats' stamp set from Little Claire and stamped my main image in sepia Versafine.  I then placed a circle punched out of a post-it note on top of the street light and then applied Adirondack hazelnut ink with some Cut 'n' Dry foam.  The little sentiment is from an Elzybells set.  This panel was then matted on to a piece of white card which I edged with brown ink and I also edged the card blank to match.

13 comments:

  1. This is lovely Helen........I must get this set out and have a play too. I remember Tombows prior to Promarkers.......and I used to think they were fabulous! xxGaynor

    ReplyDelete
  2. This had a mysterious quality to it Helen... the cats out at dusk!
    Super job.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the masking Helen, super card!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous creation sweetie...and have a lovely evening too..

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! what a lovely effect you have created!HelenR :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely simple card! Please accept the award I have posted on my blog! Lea xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful Card
    Cathi from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just lovely Helen, the brown works so well
    Thank you very much
    mandi
    "Less is more"

    ReplyDelete
  9. The perfect card for this challenge and yes, I remember, lol. Lovely work x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely scene. looks fab in brown. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great scene, lovely images.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment - I really do appreciate it.

Helen x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...