Pages

Sunday 28 February 2010

The Sugar Bowl - Challenge 30


This is the first challenge that I've entered at The Sugar Bowl so I hope the card is going to be OK. Challenge 30 was a sketch and the 'added extra' was to use a shabby chic style.
The image is from Sugar Nellie (of course!) and the backing papers from K&Co and Basic Grey. I coloured the image a bit darker than usual - I used vanilla Promarker under my usual pink shades to tone it down. The sentiment is from a Papermania set and I've added a Sizzix flower and some paper flowers coloured with Promarkers.

6 comments:

  1. Love it Helen, love the lay out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours and the layout Helen.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a sweet card!
    I love the background paper you've chosen to use, and your shading is great!
    I'm a follower now :O))

    Hugs Nina x

    Oh and good luck in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! I really like the colors that you have used and your interpretation of the sketch is fabulous!
    THanks so much for playing along in the challenge!
    :)kathy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment - I really do appreciate it.

Helen x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...